Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bus. Eng: Rachel's Job Interview

This is a clip from the Friends episode "The One with Rachel's Inadvertent Kiss." Rachel goes on a series of interviews and makes an "interesting" impression:

 *Some of the subtitles are not accurate

1- WATCH:


2- LOOK UP:


PHRASAL VERBS

“I’ll work right under the director.”  to work under s.o.
“You want to work on your interview skills.”  to work on s.t.
“I’m not some hussy who will just sleep around to get ahead”  to sleep around/ to get ahead
"Now, you’re probably going to hire one of the people who did not yell at you and storm out.  to storm out
“I was not afraid to stand up for myself and that shows courage.”   to stand up for s.o/oneself

IDIOMS

“I’m going to give you a shot.”to give s.o a shot


JOB INTERVIEWS- CANADA 

No comments:

Post a Comment